BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Book/Galley Review: Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa

Title: The Lost Prince

Author: Julie Kagawa

Series: The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten #1

Publisher: Mira Ink UK

How obtained: Netgalley

Will be published on Jan 6 2013 in the UK.


Don’t look at Them. Never let Them know you can see Them.

That is Ethan Chase’s unbreakable rule. Until the fey he avoids at all costs—including his reputation—begin to disappear, and Ethan is attacked. Now he must change the rules to protect his family. To save a girl he never thought he’d dare to fall for.

Ethan thought he had protected himself from his older sister’s world—the land of Faery. His previous time in the Iron Realm left him with nothing but fear and disgust for the world Meghan Chase has made her home, a land of myth and talking cats, of magic and seductive enemies. But when destiny comes for Ethan, there is no escape from a danger long, long forgotten
-----------------------------
When I found out Julie Kagawa was going to be writing about Ethan I spazzed. I was so excited! But after the original publication in the U.S. in October, I couldn't get my hands on it. Thank you Netgalley!

The book was everything that I hoped for. More of Julie Kagawa's writing. I swear that its addicting.

Ethan is afraid to hurt other people because of his sight, but we all know the more you try to stay away from something, the more ways it comes back to find you.

I love Ethan's character because he not only is badass, Julie Kagawa also lets us have peeks at his inner self, where he is afraid and where he still loves Meghan despite his outer facade. I respect him all the more. Sometimes to protect others and ourselves there will be a lot of wall building between the outside and the heart. I admire Kenzie and her bravery. That girl is seriously stubborn but she wouldn't of been able to get past Ethan's shields if she wasn't. She has my respect for being able to face the world of the fey even though she couldn't fight. But she made up for it in brains. She was just as kickass in the story as Ethan and Kierran.

Oh Kierran, if you read the Iron Knight, you know where this lovely far/human comes from. I was a little disappointed in Kierran. He was definitely a good fighter and he definitely had a big heart but he didn't shine the same way as Ethan and Kenzie did. Maybe it was because he did some stupid things
-_-.

Don't forget!!!! Meghan, Ash and Puck and Grimalkin are in it too! OH MY GOD I love the old characters. They didn't really have as big as a part but when they were introduced(and I guessed right) or whenever they appeared I fangirled.
Meghan makes a good queen. And Ash will forever be her love and knight.
Puck needs a love interest! But he's still our favorite prank-puller. <3 p="p">And must I say more about our lovely and sarcastic cat?

I thoroughly enjoyed this book and will be equally siked for the next one. I give The Lost Prince a 9/10. I will forever love anything Julie Kagawa writes!

If YOU haven't read the Iron Fey series yet, get to it! You'll never regret it. :]


Read up a storm!

1 comments:

Ann@Blogging-Profits-Unleashed said...

I love Julie Kagawa's books. The Iron Fey is one of my favorite series ever, and this book was great too! I loved it!