BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Book Review: Sapphique by Catherine Fisher Review

Title: Sapphique

Author:Catherine Fisher

Series: Incarceron #2

Publisher: The Penguin Group

Where obtained: BEA (ARC, This review is based on uncorrected text)

In this stunning sequel to the critically acclaimed Incarceron, seventeen-year-old Finn has escaped from the sentinent prison only to find that things Outside are not at all what he expected. Claudia, the daughter of the prison's warden, has declared Finn the lost heir to the throne. But another claimant emerges, and soon, both Finn's and Claudia's very lives hang on Finn convincing the Court of something that even he doesn't fully believe.

Still trapped within Incarceron, Finn's friends Keiro and Attia hunt for the magical glove, which legend says Sapphique used to escape. In order to find it, they must battle the prison itself. Incarceron has built itself a body and it wants to go outside-just like Sapphique, the only prisoner Incarceron ever loved.

I won't lie, Incarceron was extremely hard for me to settle into. Maybe it was because the plot didn't move fast enough for me, or for whatever bizarre reason. So technically, I didn't really finish Incarceron but Sapphique was definitely enough to help me fill up the holes i had from the previous book and surprisingly, I read Sapphique much faster. There was a lot of action. I was really dying to uncover the secrets, especially about Sapphique and his glove. It was confusing at some parts, reading it in the train might of made me lose some of my concentration but I finished :].

It was definitely suprising in some parts and i honestly just wanted to keep reading till the end, which is what I call a good book. If you read Incarceron you know Finn is tormented for leaving Keiro and Attia. His memory is already lost, and the Queen sure doesn't make it easy for either Claudia or Finn. In this book, we get more of a feel on Incarceron's personality and how alive the prison seems. I love all the details, it really helps put a picture in your head and the quotes at the beginning of the chapter are also fun to read.

Overall I rate this book a 8/10. This means it's definitely worth reading and if you read Incarceron, you just can't miss Sapphique when if finally comes out in December, or if you obtained the ARC. Always have fun reading, and read up a storm.



~Ming <3

0 comments: