BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Book Review: Shadow Sight by E.J. Stevens

Title: Shadow Sight

Author: E.J. Stevens

Series: Ivy Granger #1

Publisher: Sacred Oaks Press

How obtained: Ebook

Welcome to Harborsmouth, where monsters walk the streets unseen by humans…except those with second sight, like Ivy Granger.

Some things are best left unseen...

Ivy Granger's second sight is finally giving her life purpose. Ivy and her best friend Jinx may not be raking in the dough, but their psychic detective agency pays the bills--most of the time. Their only worry is the boredom of a slow day and the occasional crazy client--until a demon walks through their door.

Demons are never a good sign...

A demon attorney representing the water fae? Stranger things have happened. And things are about to get very, very strange as a bloodthirsty nightmare hunts the city of Harborsmouth.

There's blood in the water...

Kelpies have a reputation for eating humans. Unfortunately, Kelpies are the clients. When an Unseelie faerie this evil stalks the waterways of your city, you have to make hard choices.

The lesser of two evils...

---------------------------------------

I had read this when it was first published and been itching to write a review on it because this books author E.J. Stevens is actually one of my followers. I was really honored that an author would follow my blog. So I must write this honest review.

I love it! I didn't get to read She Smells the Dead yet so I didn't have any idea of her writing until now. I liked Ivy, with all her psychometry magic and all and who could not love Jinx, the always supportive, always there for our main character kind of best friend. I always love when there is a new world thats put together by different magical aspects. I didn't expect the fae to be mixed with demons and vampires. It was definitely a surprise and another aspect of Ivy's world that made this read more enjoyable.

What are worse than Kelpies? Each Uisge. Like Kelpies but like throw in some more bloodlust and gore and an ambition to take their food whether they are willing or not.

The Each Uisge is the immediate problem for Ivy and she makes some unexpected deals with unexpected creatures but she gets it done. She gets the magical world of Harborsmouth to work together to fend off a threat that threatens the delicate balance of their home. There was definitely action and suspense that kept you wanting to continue reading.

Now I would like to talk about the underlying text. Ivy's parentage.
This was interesting because I definitely could not think of any magical creature that could pass on psychometry magic to their offspring and I'm sure that this question of who exactly is her father will appear in a more dominant fashion in E.J. Steven's second book in this series, Ghost Light to be published in 2013. I don't know about you, but I WANNA KNOW :P

The whole book seem to lack romance, but that didn't take away from the impact of the story and OH BOY, when you find out who Ivy's love interest might be, you'll be in for a surprise. My jaw dropped. Now, don't you want to read it to find out who this male is? ;] huh huh. He's very hot, I'll tell you that.

I give Shadow sight an 8.5/10. Definitely a refreshing read, and very interesting. I'm looking forward to Ghost Light so I hope you don't miss it either. 

Read up a storm! :]

0 comments: